All age groups will be by Age as of 01/01/2017
- Boys 14 & under
- Jr Men 15-17
- Jr Women under 17
- Men 18-24
- Women over 18
- Masters 25-44
- Legends 45 & over
- Open Longboard
- Retro 80’s (open)
- Open Pro
- All age groups to be decided by Contest Directors
- All Competitors must have a valid address in NJ.
- There is NO surfing up or down in Divisions.
- Pro Competitors cannot compete in Amateur Divisions, except for Longboard & Retro.
- There is no maximum wave count.
- Longboards can be Classic or Modern, but must be at least 9’. Leashes are ok.
- Interference – An interference will be called if a surfer hinders the scoring potential of another surfer who has the right of way on the wave. If an interference is called the surfer deemed to have interfered will be penalized 50% of their second highest scoring wave. Two interference’s in one heat will result in the disqualification of that surfer who then must leave the water.